Golden Heart Medical Services safeguards and preserves your right to:
- Be treated with dignity and respect, consistent with professional standards regardless of manner of payment, race, sex, nationality, religion, culture, disability or any other factor.
- Know our mission statement and the services that we provide.
- Be informed about your rights in a manner you can understand.
- Be involved in any decision making about your treatment and care.
- Refuse or accept treatment based on personal decision or as allowed by applicable law through your surrogate decision maker.
- Receive Care that is considerate and respectful of your values and beliefs.
- Be referred to a specialist/consultant for special care when there is a clinical need.
- Receive detailed explanation of your condition, care, treatment and aftercare, in terms that are free from professional jargon.
- Access your Medical Record as well as Medical Information that is kept confidential accurate, updated, relevant, and protected from loss and misuse.
- A second opinion or have your care transferred if you are not satisfied with the care or opinion provided.
- Privacy, both of person and information, during examination, procedures and home care treatment.
- Informed consent for treatment, procedures and interventions.
- Receive written and verbal information of the name and discipline of the staff/s responsible for your care, the approved frequency of visits, the nature and purpose of any service and be informed of alternatives, if available.
- Receive relevant, current and understandable information concerning your drugs and treatment.
- Have any complaint acknowledged, fully investigated, be provided with a written response from Golden Heart Medical Services Management and if not resolved to your satisfaction referred to the Dubai Health Authority.
- Be protected from physical assault during the delivery of home care services.
- Involve your family, as appropriate, in the course of care, procedures, service decisions as well as outcomes to the fullest extent of the law.
- Be provided in advance a summary of any costs for which you and/or the insurance company or third party payer may be responsible.
As a Patient of Golden Heart Medical Services, you have the responsibility to:
- Follow any specific rules and regulations of Golden Heart Medical Services.
- Show respect and be courteous to Golden Heart Medical Services personnel without discrimination as to color, religion, gender, nationality and ethnic origin.
- Give complete information about personal details and provide accurate medical history as well as changes to health condition to effectively plan and deliver care.
- Face the outcomes of your own actions if you decide not to follow any advice, instructions and/or treatment plan and recommendations.
- Give Golden Heart Medical Services your insurance details as applicable.
- Sign or have your legal representative sign the required consents and releases for insurance billing.
- Permit Golden Heart Medical Services to renew in your behalf to the insurance company or file appeals in case of rejection and to cooperate to the fullest extent possible.
- Effective communication and to participate in the development and implementation of your plan of care.
- Be available on scheduled Home Visits by Golden Heart Medical Services staff/s.
- Notify Golden Heart Medical Services if you are going to be unavailable for a visit.
- Provide Golden Heart Medical Services personnel with a safe working environment in which your care can be provided.
- Cooperate with your designated Homecare Team from Golden Heart Medical Services.
- Inform Golden Heart Medical Services if you are unable to understand or follow Golden Heart Medical Services written instructions.
- Make a family member or substitute available who will assume a primary caregiver role when Golden Heart Medical Services staff are not in your home.
- Be accountable for payment of any deductible or medical services provided by Golden Heart Medical Services excluded from the insurance scheme of third party payer.